Tuesday 20 September 2016

Group post planning: Costume and Make-up

Costume - As we are doing an indie rock video we need to represent this in the costume, I feel like it would be a good idea if both of us or even one of us went into town and went into the charity shops or even into the vintage thrift shops in Sheffield to find some clothes to fit the genre, or I even already have some vintage shirts that we could use. Joe has a lot of ideas about potential costumes so I think he is taking the lead in the costume hunt and I will be in charge of make-up.

Make-up - After researching indie music videos I found that make-up for the girls is actually very natural, this has lead me to think about just giving Katie a basic foundation and eyeliner look as the make-up shouldn't really be a big part of this story line. I might add a bit of  dark eye make-up around Luke's eyes to highlight the metaphorical death feel, but in the flashbacks he should just look normal. I feel like when the relationship is happy, Katie's hair can be braided and pretty yet neat, with shimmery and sparkly yet natural make-up, but when the relationship is 'dead' she should have messy, tousled hair and darker eyes but keeping it natural, I used powerpoint to make a mood board for inspiration.





No comments:

Post a Comment