Sunday 24 July 2016

Institutions: Music channels



The one negative aspects of music channels is that for new artists it is nearly impossible for a new band to try and get their promo videos onto these channels, after doing some research the only way I could see to get on these channels is to be signed to a label and they get it on the channel. being signed to a label can take many years making it impractical for new artists to try going through this route.

This has influenced my planning of my music video as I know there are certain things you can do to make a new artist and gave them a star image now i know that the music channel route is not one of them.

3 comments:

  1. Add a comment beneath this post:
    How this research has influenced my planning.

    Do you think it is possible for new artists to get promo videos onto a music channel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good Joe! love that you included One Direction statistics!!

    ReplyDelete