Friday 15 July 2016

Evaluation of music video creation: Don't Stop Believin'

Last Tuesday in our media session we went out into Brigg, to experience what it was like to try and film our own music video.

The song we choose to practise with was the glee version of "Don't Stop Believing" we choose this as it had both male and female vocals allowing every one to have a go acting in front of the camera and then everyone else to have a practise of directing them and recording

I am going to use these experiences to positively affect the way I eventually film my music video to make sure that it is an easier experience and to make sure that at the end of it I end up with a positive experience.

The experience was interesting with both good and bad experiences coming from it

GOOD
  • It gave me a good sense of what to do practically when shooting a music video such as the camera angels that work, and that amount of time it takes to get good shot's which was surprising to me 
  • I already had a good understanding of directing and how to get the best out of my actors and ensure good performances but now I feel it developed even more to help get better performances out of anyone
  • I found out the importance of making sure my actors can hear the song to avoid issues while filming such as not being able to lip sync correctly and causing editing issues later down the line while editing.
BAD
    • I found out how hard it can be to get a desired performance out of someone who is-int to confident and holds back with a camera in their face
    • I found out how bad the importance of lighting is and making sure the shots are balanced avoiding over exposure so little details like lines on someones face are visible
    • I found out you need many locations are needed to make your video interesting which may affect your plan.

How this influenced my planning
This influenced my planning as it made me aware of how the production stage of our video's we have to produce will be very tricky and we really have to know what we are doing to keep time efficiency 


2 comments: