Thursday 19 January 2017

Research - Final TA research part 6

Q6 – did you like the costumes and locations? Were there any you liked? 

This question was important to ask, as if the viewer found the costumes and locations stale then there was a chance that they actively or inactively would lose focus and no longer be engaged in the video
Mine and Caity’s desire with the costumes was to make them look young and modern so it appeals to our young TA, it would make Katie and Luke relatable to them.



“I loved the locations especially the one with the Humber bridge in the background , however I feel maybe just one fast pace environment could've been featured when they were arguing to match their moods and it would've pushed the narrative further.” This comment is interesting as I feel that adding in a fast pace environment would of really helped further the dynamic and pushed the narrative further.

“yes they made the narrative seem more realistic as they were wearing normal clothing and in calm locations.” This shows that Mine and Caity’s desires with our costume and location works, it made them seem like real and genuine people which I feel helped the audience feel sympathetic towards the characters Katie in particular

“I liked the returning to locations over periods of time to show the difference in their relationship while the environment around them was the same. I also liked the use of the Humber Bridge as the stage for what I presume is the climax. “This Comments shows us that my idea to repeat locations to help show the different stages in the relationship works and it doesn’t feel like we are over exposing locations to the viewer

The costumes weren’t at all incongruous, so much so I had to look at them again for this question! There is a good dichotomy between Luke’s dark clothing and Katie’s light denim jacket. If I was to make one change it would be to include more clothing, so that the time of this relationship felt longer, but I don’t know if you have the time to do that.” This comment is useful as the advice is valid and really useful. I feel would of really improved the product.






No comments:

Post a Comment