Monday 30 January 2017

Question 2 evaluation

When starting my ancillary products I knew that I had to create synergy, synergy would link the video, the digipack and the advert for the digipack together making them a successful promo pack for the artists “Ocean rise” I had created.

The way I created synergy between all three products was to look at what images, colors and ideas came to mind when we thought of the name of the band, how they were dressed and how we wanted them to be represented. One way I created synergy between the digipack and the advert was by using the same font for the band name, I found this font on 1001 free fonts and it is called "Broken Dreams". By using this font across the advert and digipack, I felt that it created a link in the viewers mind and then the font would become associated with the artists and could be then used across all promotion for “Ocean rise”

I also tried to create synergy through the color of  the text, this was done through the band name always being shown in black and white. This follows the conventions of indie bands which I found through my own research as they don't use many colors in  their band name. However to make it more appealing to a wider modern audience I have used more vivid colors in the advert and digipack to make it eye catching and appealing to a modern audience. 

I also created Synergy through Katie and Luke’s costume in the video. Katie was wearing a denim jacket with a flannel shirt while Luke was wearing a dark green jumper and a blue coat. These items of clothing from my research into indie culture show up a lot in fashion and music videos. This leads to them being represented as artists of the genre and would make them seem more appealing to people who are into the indie culture, which would then lead to them watching my artists.

Overall I feel like the ancillary products I have produced combine together well and produce synergy. I feel that they are great promotional material and would launch the band "Ocean Rise"






Evaluation
To ensure that there was some synergy between the music video and the promotional package, we decided to take all the photos we might need on the same day so they would be in the same costumes and create synergy with the music video.

However upon reflection I wish we would of include more variety of costumes as it could of been used to show time passing as well as helping to further the representation of  the positive and negative times of the relationship. Synergy is created with the music video as they are in the same costumes on the digipack and advert however, a greater range would have added more dynamic images to the digipak which it can be argued would of completely changed our ideas.

In the questionnaire's which we handed out to our TA previously, it was stated by the entire audience asked that there was sufficient synergy between the advert, digipak and video with the colours, costumes, fonts and locations. By using the colour picking tool it made sure that there was the same colour scheme throughout all products thus creating synergy, we also used the same downloaded font on every one of our products to create a recognisable name for our stars with synergy over all of their promotional products

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Errors on the bubble on the digipak as well - you must take care Joe if you want that Grade B! Eg 'also placed the album front cover on the ad so hat the album could be identified easily at stores if they had seen the ad' Also, have you changed the blog presentation? I don't like this! I prefer and think it is more professional when you have a pale background and black fonts. Please change your blog template back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog presentation is back to normal working on the thing links now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Joe, this looks much better and you have worked really hard to target and achieve level 4.

    ReplyDelete